Don’t leftovers simply make the best lunches? I think so, leftovers for dinner can be somewhat depressing sometimes in my opinion.
For lunch I heated up some of my leftover Mushroom Buitoni pasta from last night. I didn’t have any lettuce for a side salad so I paired it with some green beans!
A perfect little lunch. I haven’t been to hungry lately so I’m keeping it mini and light. As promised I have a recipe for you!
My dear friend Monet from Anecdotes and Apple Cores posted this recipe for Cantaloupe Muffins a couple weeks ago. I knew instantly that I would have to make them this summer. What a funny summery muffin!
- 1 cup cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and pureed
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs separated into yolks and whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- shredded coconut for sprinkling!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a muffin tin (12 cups)
- in a large mixing bowl, combine the cantaloupe, applesauce, egg yolks, vanilla, and walnut pieces and brown sugar. In a separate bowl sift or whisk together the flours, slat, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger. Stir flour mixture into the cantaloupe mixture (do not over mix!).
- In a separate bowl whip the egg whites until soft peaks form. Lightly fold the whites into the batter. Divide into the muffin tins. Sprinkle the shredded coconut over the batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
These will definitely become a favorite, such a fun flavor combination that’s so tasty. See you all tonight!
- pre total: 240
- 4 ravioli: 200
- green beans: 30
- 1 cantaloupe muffin: 200
- Total: 670