Hey guys! So my super secret mission is now completed and I’m ready to share. Foodbuzz challenged all the featured publishers to a Top 9 Takeover: Banana Split Style!
To help raise money for Ovarian Cancer Research Foodbuzz will donate 50 dollars for every banana split made by a featured publisher today (Friday July 16th) by 12pm pst, and the top 9 banana splits will rock Foodbuzz’s Top 9 on Monday!
You can help raise money for Ovarian Cancer Research too by going to the Kelly Confidential Website here. Please check it out and help support the cause!!
Banana Split with an Imposter!
My original banana split uses a Banana Split Cupcake in place of the chocolate ice cream, uses grilled bananas, and freshly cut fruit!
- 1 banana
- vanilla ice cream
- strawberry ice cream
- freshly cut pineapple
- freshly cut strawberries
- whipped cream
- fresh cherries
- chopped peanuts
- strawberry syrup
- chocolate sauce
- 1 Banana Split Cupcake! (see recipe below)
- Start by cutting your banana in half length wise and grilling with the flat side down. I used a George Forman Grill and it worked fabulously!
- Then place the banana in your bowl and top with a drizzle of strawberry syrup
- decorate your chocolate ice cream imposter cupcake with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce. Top with a cherry.
- Scoop vanilla and strawberry ice creams onto either side of the cupcake and adorn the vanilla with the freshly cut pineapple and the strawberry with the cut strawberries.
- Sprinkle the chopped peanuts over the top and enjoy!
The Banana Split Cupcake Recipe!
recipe adopted from the Joy of Baking
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pre heat oven to 350 and line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl mix sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl combine the eggs, banana, water, milk, oil, and vanilla. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Scoop batter into the muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Ten top with whipped cream, chocolate drizzle, a cherry and a banana sphere! Enjoy.
Thanks for checking out my banana split, and please check out the Kelly Confidential Website! Let’s watch that Top 9 on Monday and see if my Imposter Split makes the cut ;-)!