Boy am I behind! Holy gosh.
About a million days ago I was tagged to complete a survey by one of my best blog friends Cinnamon. Since I haven’t photographed a single bite of food since Monday, today is the prefect day to get to her questions.
First I’m supposed to share 11 things about myself… wah hahahah!!! That was supposed to be an evil laugh…
11 tidbits about me…
1) I’ve played basketball since 3rd grade. In high school my junior year we were the first basketball team the school had ever had win the section tournament and be CCS champions. I also played at the local junior college and had some offers to play NCAA.
Now I coach varsity at the high school I went to. It’s awesome and I love it. March Madness is only 1 month away!!!
This picture makes me look like a beast!! :mrgreen:
2) I absolutely hate walking around barefoot. I’ve done it a few times but it’s never a good experience and I always regret it. Slippers are always a must even in the house. If I go to your house and you require me to take my shoes off I’ll secretly be hating every minute until I can put them back on!
3) I had a boy haircut from when I was 4 until I was 7.
- It was not cute!
- I looked like a boy!
- My mother did it to me and to this day says it was the cutest haircut ever! Gosh, mom!!
4) My lucky number is 4. I’m obsessed with it and I normally do things in 4’s. I’ll eat 4 bites, have 4 crackers, stop working out at 30:04, and whenever I’m on a track I have to run in lane 4.
5) I’m naturally blonde. I’ve never died my hair! I’m too afraid because when I was 8 I had my hair died blue at a school carnival and it was supposed to just wash out. Well, it took 3 weeks to get it completely out of my hair. NEVER again!
6) I have a pudding problem… I’m sure the jello corporation has noticed a HUGE hit in their sales this quarter since I no longer eat dairy products.
7) I’ve acted in 3 plays at the local children’s theater where I realized my calling to be a magical white horse.
8) I hadn’t been to the snow until I was 19. I am now the snowman building champion!
9) I’ve only been to 2 weddings in my entire life! The first one my hair looked like a poodle… That’s not a good look!
10) I majored in art history and I love going to museums…
11) I’ve never eaten an olive I didn’t like!
Okay. Thinking up 11 things to say about yourself is kinda hard. I had to take a break after number 5.
Now for Cinnamon’s questions for me…
If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? This is insanely hard!!! I’m going to have to give a list (in no particular order)
- South Africa
If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? I’d be a museum curator and design art exhibits.
What got you into blogging? Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever put that into words before. I stumbled upon Kath Eats Real Food one day and became obsessed with reading about food and fitness. I really needed something to ground and guide me in a more healthy direction and blogging fit that criteria perfectly. Blogging made me excited about food and changed how I looked at health.
Do you prefer movies at home or in the theater? It depends on the movie. Movies like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings I really like seeing in the theater because its so much more grand. I love the energy of being with people who are as equally obsessed and excited. But I really like watching movies at home too.
What is your favorite color? Purple!
What does a typical Tuesday Night look like at your house? Basketball games!!! I have basketball from 4:00pm-about 9pm by the time we get through Frosh, JV and our Varsity game. Then Max and I usually go out for dinner after. Sometimes that includes an adult beverage especially if the game was intense or rough. I have a hard time sleeping after games.
What is your favorite childhood memory? I loved going back to Flanagan, Illinois as a kid. It’s a small town that my Mom grew up in and we went back to see her side of the family ever summer.
What is your favorite nut butter? Peanut Butter & Co Cinnamon Raisin Peanut butter! Holy Yum.
Do you sleep with or without the covers? Always with, never without!!! I thought scary things would touch me and get me if I slept without them as a kid and the habit has stuck. Even on hot nights I have to sleep with a sheet.
What time do you get up in the morning? between 7 and 7:30
Name one thing you have always wanted to do and just haven’t done yet. This is such a good question! Wow. Umm… I really want to food crawl the south! I want to drive my new Jeep on a road trip and start in Louisiana and end in Georgia just eating and relaxing. Maybe see an alligator or two. ;-)
Your 11 questions
- Do you prefer froyo or ice cream and why?
- What is your funniest vacation memory?
- What is the most outrageous thing you’ve ever cooked?
- If you could go to South America or Africa which would you choose?
- Do you fear the dentist, why or why not?
- What is the strangest meat you’ve ever tried?
- Have you ever done something illegal? I need details!!
- What is the one clothing item you just have to have?
- If you could get a mani or a pedi which one would you choose?
- Go to Gossip Magazine… Go!
- Grossest food ever, what is it?