I’m really proud of myself for this one. I whipped up these cute little scrambled egg muffins this morning, without a recipe!
Yep, no recipe. I said to myself I want to eat a scrambled egg muffin. So I threw a few things into a bowl, whisked ‘em all together and threw them in the oven.
I didn’t want to make plain ‘ole scrambled eggs with bacon and cheese for these muffins. BOR-ING! So I spiced them up and made ‘em Southwestern with spicy turkey sausage, sharp cheddar and red bell pepper. I threw in a little dash of chili powder… for sassyness.
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup turkey sausage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. And thoroughly grease a muffin tin.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk until bubbly. Add bell pepper, salt, pepper, onion and chili powder. Fold together with a spatula. Add cheese and sausage, fold again.
- Pour into muffin tins and cook for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
- Don't use the paper muffin tin cups, the eggs stick to them and you'll have a mess.
- You can substitute egg whites or a portion or all of the eggs for a more nutritious muffin.
4 Reasons you are going to make these muffins:
- They’re delicious.
- They’re fancy and a crowd pleaser.
- Everyone loves bite-sized breakfasts.
- They’re pretty!!
When I said these muffins were easy, they were easy. I was going to grate my own cheese, and then I decided… why? And I used these precooked sausage crumbles. Totally genius!!! Just between you and me, I’m secretly taking little bites of sausage every time I walk through the kitchen. Shhh.
So what’s your plans for this fun Sunday Afternoon??
The family is headed over to Monterey for lunch overlooking the ocean then we’re taking Donner on a beach adventure.
Donner doesn’t know it yet, but he’s excited.